Quicksilver’s popular Outer Reef cruise takes you to the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef right on the edge of Australia’s Continental Shelf. Scuba diving here at the edge is simply spectacular with excellent visibility and the variety of marine life exceptional.
The spacious pontoon (activity platform) provides the widest range of ways in which to see the reef making it a great option for experienced certified divers travelling with family or non-diving companions. While the family are occupied snorkelling, seeing the reef from a semi-submarine or even taking a scenic helicopter flight, you can enjoy up to 2 certified dives each lasting approximately 40 minutes. All dives are guided to maximise your experience and time underwater.
Also catering for first time and novice divers, it couldn’t be easier at Quicksilver’s pontoon. From the custom-designed dive platform, first time divers can take the plunge in confidence with a fully supervised introductory dive. Another dive option is the Oceanwalker helmet dive, ideal for non-swimmers and those not confident enough to try scuba. Minimum age for dive activities is 12 years and medical conditions apply.
Quicksilver Cruises is Australia’s most awarded Great Barrier Reef operator and is accredited with Advanced Ecotourism and Climate Action certification.
- Cruise by fast wavepiercing catamaran
- Informative presentation by Marine Biologist
- Semi-submersible coral viewing rides
- Snorkelling equipment
- Facilities for swimmers and non-swimmers
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch, morning and afternoon tea
- Underwater Observatory coral viewing
- Return transfers from Port Douglas or Cairns accommodation
- Departs from Port Douglas Marina at 10am
- Returns at 4.30pm
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply