A day aboard Poseidon is ideal for experienced divers and confident snorkellers looking for an action packed Great Barrier Reef adventure. Travelling on the 24 metre catamaran Poseidon, you will visit 3 stunning Agincourt ribbon reef sites in the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
The crystal-clear outer reef waters, beautiful corals and incredible marine life found at the Agincourt reefs, 70km north east of Port Douglas provide some of the best possible day boat diving. This includes drift and wall dives, isolated pinnacles surrounded by pelagic fish and coral gardens with their endless variety of colourful wrasses, cods, parrot fish, clown fish, angel fish, clams and anemones, that make a healthy living reef so beautiful and exciting to dive.
Certified divers can enjoy up to 3 dives and introductory diving (Discover Scuba) is available for first time divers with a PADI dive instructor. At the third site of the day, there’s an informative guided snorkel tour included.
Poseidon also has a special permit allowing guests to swim with dwarf minke whales if encountered. Poseidon is accredited with Advanced Ecotourism and Climate Action Certification
If you’re joining this day trip from Cairns, Palm Cove or the Northern Beaches, you can self-drive or transfers can be booked at an additional cost.
Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years, medical conditions apply.
- Visit 3 different Agincourt Reef sites
- Return coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation.
- Return Poseidon cruise from Port Douglas.
- Morning tea, coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding.
- Afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit platter.
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns.
- Reef interpretation talk.
- Guided snorkel tour
- Snorkelling equipment and instruction provided.
- Lycra suits and flotation devices.
- Prescription masks available at no extra cost.
- Introductory Diving
- Certified Diving
- Vessel boarding at the Port Douglas Marina
|Snorkelling Only - Adult
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply