The PADI Advanced Open Water Course is the first step beyond basic certification and is designed to develop your confidence underwater by expanding your existing skills. Conducted on the Pro Dive Cairns three-day, two-night liveaboard dive trip, there is no more spectacular classroom than The Great Barrier Reef itself, with its abundance of marine life and excellent diving conditions year round.
The prerequisite for this course is a PADI Open Water certificate or equivalent from another training agency. There are no formal classroom sessions involved, but students will need to read through the PADI Advanced Open Water manual and answer the relevant knowledge review questions for each training dive. Our course is designed to have minimal intrusion on the enjoyment of your liveaboard experience with ample time set aside to complete the knowledge reviews throughout the trip.
Our PADI Advanced Open Water course offers 11 dives with access to a selection of 19 outer reef dive sites on four magnificent reefs: Flynn,Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reef. Diving at different times throughout the day, you will be able to encounter an amazing diversity of marine life including giant clams, sea turtles, stingrays, reef sharks, an incredible variety of tropical fish, spectacular coral formations with consistent underwater visibility. Night diving will introduce a whole new dimension of nocturnal life.
The Advanced certification requires the completion of three core dives: deep dive, underwater navigation, and night dive. You must also complete two elective dives, which can include nitrox, underwater naturalist, peak performance buoyancy, boat. Other elective options may be available which you can discuss with your instructor.
- 11 dives (includes 2 night dives)
- All meals & bed linen
- Dive Insurance
- Corrective lens mask (if required)
- Double bed or twin share accommodation
- All dive & snorkelling equipment, including dive computer, wetsuit and dive torch
- Accommodation transfers (Cairns city & Northern Beaches)
- Guided orientation and night dive
- PADI manual
- PADI Advanced Open water Course
- PADI Enriched air Course (Nitrox)
- ENRICHED AIR PACKAGE (Nitrox)
- Departing Cairns every day except Monday & Tuesday this three-day, two-night liveaboard trip offers a truly memorable and exciting way to fully immerse yourself and experience our magnificent World Heritage Great Barrier Reef environment.
|Advanced Open Water Course
|Tax & Levy **
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply