Combining the PADI Advanced & Enriched Air (Nitrox) courses is a convenient way to get the most out of your Advanced certification liveaboard trip. The Advanced Course will sharpen your skills and expand your diving knowledge, and the Nitrox Certification allows for the use of enriched air instead of compressed air. Using nitrox extends your allowable bottom time and reduces your nitrogen load over multiple dives - making it ideal for liveaboard trips. Conducted on board Pro Dive Cairns' three-day, two-night, liveaboard dive trip; there's no more spectacular classroom than The Great Barrier Reef, with its abundant marine life, diverse dive sites and year-round excellent diving conditions.
The theory component of the certification begins pre-trip. Within 24hrs of your booking, you will be provided with details on how to log into the online PADI eLearning portal and begin your course. Here you will read and watch the prerequisite content, along with a final knowledge review. Completing the theory component prior to the trip allows for the maximum number of nitrox dives possible.
This course combination consists of theory and includes 11 dives, of which five are training dives. Theory can be easily completed onboard as there are no formal classroom or pool training sessions involved with either course. The required theory involves reading the PADI Enriched Air (Nitrox) and Advanced Open Water manuals and completing the relevant knowledge reviews before the training dives. Our course is designed to have minimal intrusion on the enjoyment of your liveaboard experience with ample time set aside to complete the knowledge reviews throughout the trip. The pre-requisite for this course is a PADI Open Water certificate or equivalent from another training agency.
Pro Dive Cairns has access to a selection of 19 outer reef dive sites on four magnificent reefs: Flynn, Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reef. Diving at different times throughout the day, you will be able to encounter an amazing diversity of marine life including giant clams, sea turtles, stingrays, reef sharks, an incredible variety of tropical fish, spectacular coral formations with consistent underwater visibility. Night diving will introduce a whole new dimension of nocturnal life.
- 11 dives (includes 2 night dives)
- All meals & bed linen
- Dive Insurance
- Corrective lens mask (if required)
- Double bed or twin share accommodation
- All dive & snorkelling equipment, including dive computer, wetsuit and dive torch
- Accommodation transfers (Cairns city & Northern Beaches)
- Guided orientation and night dive
- PADI manuals
- PADI Advanced Open water Course
- PADI Enriched air Course (Nitrox)
- ENRICHED AIR PACKAGE (Nitrox)
- Departing Cairns every day except Monday & Tuesday this three-day, two-night liveaboard trip offers a truly memorable and exciting way to fully immerse yourself and experience our magnificent World Heritage Great Barrier Reef environment.
|PADI Advanced & Nitrox Combo Course
|Tax & Levy **
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply