Join Great Adventures for an exciting day trip to the Outer Reef on their spacious activity platform (pontoon) aboard a modern fast catamaran. With a wide range of activities, the pontoon is ideal for experienced divers travelling with non-divers. Certified divers can dive directly off the platform to explore selected sites with maximum depths of around 30 metres.
Get ready to witness a wide range of hard and soft corals, green and hawksbill turtles, giant clams, diverse fish species including maori wrasse, barracuda fusiliers, anemone fish, bat fish, coral trout, sweetlips and trevally. The pontoon has a specially designed dive area that makes it easy for first-time divers to explore the underwater world. Take a fully supervised introductory dive with a PADI qualified instructor, diving to a maximum depth of 12 metres.
Non-divers can also enjoy a variety of activities on the Great Adventures pontoon, including semi-submarine tours, underwater observatory and snorkelling direct from the platform. The pontoon provides a stable environment to base the day’s activities and includes freshwater showers, change rooms, sundeck and undercover seating.
Great Adventures also offers a unique dive option exclusive to them, the Scuba-Doo underwater scooter. This is a fantastic option for non-swimmers or those not confident to scuba dive. The minimum age to participate is 12 years, and medical conditions apply to scuba diving.
Great Adventures has been accredited with Advanced Ecotourism and Climate Action Certification, ensuring their commitment to sustainable and responsible tourism. So come and experience the magnificent Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures, and create unforgettable memories.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Three hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
- Morning and afternoon tea/coffee & cakes
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Coral viewing tour from semi-submersible boat
- Snorkelling equipment including lycra suits (seasonal)
- Use of buoyancy vests
- Reef education presentation
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater observatory & Eco Reef talk
- Cairns accommodation transfers
- Introductory or Certified diving (includes gear hire)
- Guided snorkelling tours
- Scuba-Doo underwater scooter
- Dive videos
- Scenic helicopter joy flights
- Wetsuit hire
- 2 Hour Green Island Stopove
- Departs daily at 10.30am
- Returns at approximately 5:30pm
- Check in is at 10:00am at the Great Adventures check in desk, located in the Reef Fleet Terminal
- Water activities completed by 3:30pm
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply