If time prevents you from participating in our popular five-day course, but you still wish to enjoy the liveaboard experience, this four-day course is the perfect option for you. Classroom theory is replaced with online eLearning which can be completed in your own time prior to arriving in Cairns, leaving only one compulsory practical training day at Pro Dive Cairns PADI Five Star Dive and Career Development Centre.
The ocean training dives will be conducted as normal during our three-day, two-night liveaboard to the Great Barrier Reef. With warm waters, minimal current and great visibility year round, The Great Barrier Reef is the best place on Earth to learn how to dive.
The four-day course consists of three parts:
- After you book, you will receive login instructions for the online PADI eLearning Open Water Course theory. These modules and quizzes must be completed before you arrive in Cairns and start your practical training.
- One day of practical training at the Pro Dive Cairns Training Centre.
- Three-days and two-nights on an Outer Great Barrier Reef liveaboard trip.
Your practical training is completed at the Pro Dive Cairns Training Centre. Centrally located in Cairns city, the training centre features two heated four-metre deep diver training pools. You’ll be learning in comfort and safety with our qualified PADI instructors. After your day at the training centre, it’s time to head out to The Great Barrier Reef for a three-day, two-night liveaboard adventure to become a certified diver!
On The Great Barrier Reef, you will have the opportunity to participate in up to nine dives. The first four dives are training dives, which will complete your PADI Open Water Certification. After these are completed, you can enjoy five recreational dives, one of which is an exciting night dive guided by your dive instructor. With small student numbers, this is a highly personalised certification course.
Pro Dive Cairns has access to a variety of diving and snorkelling experiences across 19 exclusive Outer Reef dive sites over four magnificent reefs: Flynn, Thetford, Milln and Pellowe Reefs. Diving at different times throughout the day, you will be able to encounter an amazing diversity of marine life including giant clams, sea turtles, stingrays, reef sharks, an incredible variety of tropical fish and spectacular coral formations, with consistent underwater visibility. Night diving will introduce a whole new dimension of nocturnal sea-life.
Between dives, relax in comfort on board one of our three premium Scubapro dive vessels. These purpose-built liveaboard dive vessels feature air-conditioned twin bunk beds or double bed cabins, spacious decks, WiFi * (Due to our remote location and ongoing network provider changes, WiFi access may be limited and not guaranteed), and catered meals. With small passenger numbers and close crew-to-guest ratios, a high-quality, personalised experience with dedicated attention from our specialist staff is ensured at all times.
- 9 Dives
(4 training dives and 5 pleasure dives - inc one night dive)
- Padi Gold Open Water Certification
- PADI Open Water manual
- Dive log book
- 2 Passport photos
- Free WiFi * (Due to our remote location and ongoing network provider changes, WiFi access may be limited and not guaranteed)
- Air conditioned cabins and saloon
- 14 twin bunk bed cabins and 2 double bed cabins (enquire on booking)
- All bedding supplied
- Freshly prepared meals
- Hot freshwater showers
- Spacious dive and sundeck
- Twin 240v power outlets in each cabin
- PADI Advanced Open water Course
- PADI Enriched air Course (Nitrox)
- ENRICHED AIR PACKAGE (Nitrox)
- Departing Cairns from Monday & Friday
|4 Day eLearning PADI Open Water Course and Liveaboard
|Tax & Levy **
* Prices valid from 01 April to 31 March
Rates are per person and in Australian Dollars
Credit card surcharge may apply