Diving Localities - Briggs Reef
| Briggs Reef
| Dive Site:
|| Briggs Reef
|| 16°56.210S 146°12.040E
| Visited By:
|| 1-25 meters
|| Novice or Advanced
- Go forward from the bow to sandy floor 11 meters down and look for coral head on your left.
- Farther in reef edge has wall down to sand at 6 meters. Work along edge to left for good life forms.
- For the more advanced go from stern of boat and follow six large bommies along edge of terrace to 24 meters
- Staghorn thicket patches
- Sea cucumbers on the sandy floor
- Nudibranchs, Christmas tree worms, feather and sea stars for a great night dive
- Fan and whip corals on the bommies and in the swim-throughs
- Whitetip reef sharks, wrasse, parrotfish, damsels butterflyfish, angelfish, rabbitfish and surgeonfish are all common visitors
- Less common are green turtles
- Watch for blue-spotted rays and seasonal manta rays
Note: Latitude and longitude not to be used for navigational purposes - approx co-ords only.