Rescue Diver Training - Deep Sea Divers Den
Deep Sea Divers Den's PADI Rescue course commences twice a month on Sundays. Up to this point, your dive training has focused on preventing problems and handling problems you might experience yourself. The next stage is broadening your perspective and considering the needs of other divers - that's what the PADI Rescue course is all about.
As a PADI Rescue diver you will learn to prevent and manage problems, sharpen your observation skills and help others avoid problems. The PADI Rescue Diver course is divided into three sections: knowledge development, skill development and practical application.
All three sections will be completed under the professional supervision and guidance of your PADI instructor. The duration of the PADI Rescue Diver course is 5 days. This includes your Emergency First Response course, which is a requirement for the course.
- English Sundays - on application
- German & Japanese courses available by arrangement only
- Day 1: The Deep Sea Divers Den bus will pick you up from your Cairns city accommodation around 8am. Emergency First Response course.
- Day 2: The Deep Sea Divers Den bus will pick you up from your Cairns city accommodation around 8am. Today you will be doing the theory and pool skills for the Rescue course. You will also arrange your gear hire for your liveaboard trip. Meals & accommodation not included.
- Day 3: The Deep Sea Divers Den bus will pick you up from your Cairns city accommodation around 7am. You will be transferred to the outer reef aboard ReefQuest. At 2:30pm you will be transferred over to OceanQuest where you will spend the night. You will do your Rescue preparation, scenarios and assessment. Lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
- Day 4: Rescue training, scenario's and assessment. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and accommodation included.
- Day 5: Completion of your Rescue Diver course and certification, before being transferred back onto ReefQuest for your trip back to Cairns. You will arrive in Cairns at around 5pm for your transfer back to your Cairns city accommodation. Breakfast and lunch included.
- PADI Rescue Diver certification
- Cairns city accommodation transfers each day
- PADI Rescue Manual
- 2 nights accommodation while onboard (multi share cabin)
- 12 exercises must be done to complete the course
- Full gear hire
- Prescription masks (deposit required)
- All meals while onboard
- Bed linen (not including a towel)
- Log book
- 2 x passport photos for your certification card (required) – This can be arranged on day one for $5.
- Accommodation transfers from Cairns (complimentary) or Northern Beaches $20
- Upgrade to double cabin - $10 per person, per night
- Underwater cameras are available onboard for hire
- Dive medical to Australian Standard AS4005-1. $55 per person (inc GST) - payable directly to the doctor
- Fully refundable up until 48 hours prior to departure
- No refund if cancelled within 48 hours prior to departure
Rates Valid 01 April 2013 To 31 March 2014
5 Day 2 Night Rescue Diver - Double room with ensuite (including EFR).
*Extra Charge: The additional fee of $20 per person per day includes $10.50 EMC, $30 Fuel Levy, $19.50 GST, Port and Administration Charges. This government fee is paid onboard direct by passengers to Deep Sea Diver Den.|
|Rates In Australian Dollars And Inclusive Of GST|